Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm back!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long!  The rescue has been so busy and I have not had 5 minutes to get on the computer!  As you can tell we've rescued a bunch of new horses, we were able to rescue 6 horses at New Holland yesterday with a baby on the way!  We've taken in 3 owner surrenders this month as well.  They are all doing well and will be looking for their forever homes soon.  Please donate if you can do the new horses we have taken in!  Donations via paypal are appreciated to projectsagehorserescue@gmail.com.  We have a pregnant mare that is due within the month and donations are needed for her vet care. 

The summer is here and all the horses are looking for forever homes.  Please post them on different blogs, facebook, websites, etc, so we can find them forever homes.  It's with your help that we can continue to rescue horses. 

Yesterday I reached a mile stone in my rescue career, I rescued my 100th horse.  Yesterday was also 6 years since Sage passed away.  It was a bitter sweet day for me, I still mourn the lost of my best friend each year on June 20th but this year I headed to New Holland in search of a horse that would be my 100th rescue.  I found her quickly, a stunning bay TB mare.  In honor of Sage we rescued her, her name is now Halia, meaning remembrance of a loved one.  She is the lucky horse that caught my eye and will forever be safe.  She is now in PA for quarantine and will be available for adoption after she puts on tons of weight! 

I will post my auction story this week along with pictures of our new rescue horses.  If you want the latest updates please be my friend on facebook!  My name is "Brittany - Project Sage".  I post tons of pictures through out my day to keep everyone updated as to what goes on around our farm! 

Again, check out the new horses and see what we have available for adoption!

No comments:

Post a Comment