Sunday, December 19, 2010

Last night we had our Project Sage Xmas Party at the farm.  Thank you to my amazing mom for doing all the cooking and making our party great!  Thank you to all my volunteers for the awesome gifts!  A special thank you to Donna for the bucket full of goodies for the horses!  Lead ropes, halters, treats, brushes, etc!!  The horses are so excited with all the treats from everyone!

A great time was had by all and it was so nice to get all my volunteers under one roof to celebrate.  The horses were so excited to have so many visitors!  

Today I'm on my way to PA to visit the "Christmas 5" (not sure how they got this nick name but I love it!) and to pick up 2 minis that we rescued directly from New Holland a month ago.  I've named them Whiskey and Tango after my favorite restaurant in Florida!  I also get to visit Kim, Bentley, Moose, and Teddy!  I'm so excited to see my extended family and see the new horses.

I want to take a moment to say congrats to Mary Ann on her adoption of Teddy.  Teddy never made it back to our farm in Northport.  He was adopted right from our QT barn.  Teddy will be used to help children with disabilities which is something that is very close to my heart.  Thank you to Lisa Y for rescuing him and giving him a second chance at life.  Teddy is a true ambassador that auction horses can do amazing things.  He is a true example that amazing horses are dumped at the auction everyday.  Good luck Teddy, may you help many children and enjoy living in PA!

I want to say thank you to everyone who had read my story about New Holland.  The feed back I have received is unbelievable.  I'm glad my story gives people a better idea of what goes on at the auctions.  Hopefully ill be heading back in time for Valentines day.  We do need sponsors for the next auction so if your interested its not too early!!!  

Thank you to everyone who has mailed the horses xmas cards.  The horses stalls looks awesome.  The clear front runner is Sal.  Everyone loves that big guy!  I have to thank my boyfriend for getting my bags of grain and christmas and and a new halter and lead for the rescue.  You know you are a horse person when your boyfriend gets your grain for Christmas!!  The horses gotta eat!

We are almost in PA now, have a good day everyone, hug your horses and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment