Sunday, January 23, 2011

Watch this video..it's a MUST see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We8MriCV5RQ

Everyone needs to watch this video NOW!  Grab your tissue box though!  This amazing video was made by Cadie, our photographer.  She adopted Darla, one of our rescues horses about a month ago and is also a good friend of mine.  Thank you Cadie for sharing this powerful story with the world.  I hope more people will donate and step up to help rescue these horses.  I write my story of New Holland each time I go to send a message and share the horrors of this awful place.  Our goal is to encourage people to be more active in the rescue world and donate where you can.  If you can't donate consider planning a fundraiser or stopping at the farm and volunteering.  We take kids of all ages and adults too!  Everyone is welcome to come out and enjoy the horses.  The horses do ask that you bring a bag of carrots though! 

I'm trying to collect names for new rescue horses for our next trip to the auction.  If you are reading this blog please send me ONE name in an e-mail (projectsagehorserescue@gmail.com) that you think would be a great name for our next New Holland rescue.  I might just pick your name for one of our new rescue horses!!

I want to take a moment to thank Donna Kye for planning our wine and beer fundraiser this past Sunday.  It was an awesome day and we all had tons of fun.  Also needs to thank Donna and her daughter for my new water heater for my office!!  Now I can make hot chocolate when I'm freezing doing stalls!  Thank you so much, you are so thoughtful. 

Also want to thank Adam for fixing my tractor yesterday!  I would be lost without that thing!!  Thank you to all my amazing volunteers for coming out and helping me this weekend.  I'm feeling under the weather so my volunteers have been picking up the slack!  Thank you Anna, Corrine, Cadie, and Tray.  You guys are awesome!

I want to challenge everyone right now to do something for Project Sage.  Let's see how many people take the challenge.  Plan your own fundraiser for Project Sage.  It can be big or small and remember every penny counts!  It can be as simple as collecting spare change, bottles, or metal!  Find a local bar and see if they will hold a fundraiser or a local restaurant.  Be unique and think of something cool for the horses.  All money that is raised will go directly into rescuing from New Holland.  If I can assist you in anyway for your fundraiser shoot me an e-mail at projectsagehorserescue@gmail.com.  I would love to help in any way I can!  This is a great thing to do with your kids or just to show you care about the horses!  Also great for kids that need to do community service! 

I'm thrilled to announce our New Holland kittens found a home together today!  Congrats to the Sanderson Family on their adoption of these adorable kittens!!  We are all happy that they get the be together!  Thank you to Marion for making this happen!  Have a nice life kitties, everyone at Project Sage was  happy to help you find the perfect home!

No comments:

Post a Comment