Sunday, July 3, 2011

In his honor...

A full day has passed and the realisation that Tucker is gone is setting in.  I stayed late at the farm last night, dreading having to leave without a soft kiss goodbye to him.  I accidentally made his food bucket this morning and caught myself putting his supplements over his hay cubes.  Time is the only thing that I know can heal a broken heart.  I miss you Tucker, more then you will ever know. 

Thank you to everyone that has sent cards and flowers, I truly appreciate your kindness in this difficult time. 

In honor of Tucker we will be heading to Sugarcreek Horse Auction in Ohio to rescue four horses in his memory in August.  I have never been to this auction before but from doing my research online and speaking with other people who attended it sounds awful.  The horses are all run through loose and 95% percent of them are sold to slaughter.  They are packed in pens so tight they hardly can move.  It is hell on earth for a horse and we plan on changing the life's on four horses from this terrible place in honor of Tucker.

This is where you come in, consider making a donation to help support our trip to Sugarcreek.  Whether it's $1, $5, or $10 it will help us reach our goal to rescue four horses.  You can make a donation via paypal.  Our paypal address is projectsagehorserescue@gmail.com.  Please earmark your donation for the Sugarcreek save in honor of Tucker.  In Project Sage fashion the way we rememeber the ones we have lost is by rescuing in their memory.  Help us remember Tucker, a horse that touched the life's of hundreds of people over his 33 years of life. 

You can also donate via snail mail to:
Project Sage Horse Rescue
63 S. Waldinger St.
Valley Stream, NY, 11580

We have not set a date for our trip yet but it will be in the middle of August.  I will post a date as soon as I have it.  Please make a donation so we can get to this auction and do what we do best, rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment